Monday, October 20, 2008

We Love a Winner

What is that deliciously full word that Germans have to describe the feeling of taking pleasure in someone else's misery? Oh, that's right, schadenfreude. Suck it, Red Sux, suck it long and hard!

*

Apparently, rural Colombians enjoy the work of Paulo Coehlo, brought to them by an enterprising teacher and a donkey.


*

I just received a rejection from a literary journal out west, to which I sent poems 468 days ago!

*

Here's some stuff I like:

a) Gallows and make-you-sweat punk rock--circle pit!
b) Fucking Hell: Jake & Dinos Chapman make you feel a little uncomfortable;
c) KILL YOUR IDOLS: Suicide! Lydia Lunch! Liars! Oh my!;

[D | R]

3 comments:

GMC said...

Such language, young man! p.s. can we name our first two born Alfa and Beto? Love those donkey librarians!

GMC said...

Suck it, Boston!
P.S. Yes. And yes.

Senor Misterioso said...

468 days? I can top that: I just got a rejection from a journal I have absolutely no memory submitting to...