Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Girl of Sixteen

Lyrics and Conversation


I don’t want to start any blasphemous rumors
But I think that god’s got a sick sense of humor
And when I die I expect to find him laughing.

*

Mother: When are you going to have kids?
Daughter: Should I get married first?

*

what day is it
and in what month
this clock never seemed so alive

*

Mother: You gained some weight.
Daughter: You stayed the same.

*

Girl of sixteen, whole life ahead of her
Slashed her wrists, bored with life
Didn’t succeed, thank the lord
For small mercies

*

The sun is sinking down
I'm standing 'round my window
You say you're going away
But I believe in love

*

Fighting back the tears, mother reads the note again
Sixteen candles burn in her mind
She takes the blame, its always the same
She goes down on her knees and prays

*

Peace be with you.
And also with you.

*

Mother: What are you writing?
Girl: Stupid typewriter.
Typewriter: You’re a star.
Girl: I’m a lowly planet.
Typewriter: Don’t forget to dream.

*

TO DO: Buy: To Buy or Not to Buy Organic
Build Your Own Treehouse.
I Like You. Lose weight.
Take advice from Amy Sedaris

*

Girl of eighteen, fell in love with everything
Found new life in Jesus Christ
Hit by a car

*

The moon is coming up
And I'm still here in prayer
You say you've had enough
And that you just don't care

*

Time Out Moon Café
Huge storm hits bay window
Slant sheets of hail
On the top of the mountain
My heart rises and falls

*

Summers day, as she passed away
Birds were singing in the summer sky
Then came the rain, and once again
A tear fell from her mother’s eye.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did you just call me fat?