Monday, February 11, 2008

"Shopping" Poem

I am looking for a map and one more day.
I am looking for a friend in a land of mines.
I am looking for a man with dish-pan hands.
I am looking for a truffle in the Piedmont dirt.
I am looking for a crop circle inside of the mall.
I am looking for a beagle to take home the blue.
I am looking for a bridge that is pretty in the fall.
I am looking for a sign of movement in the wood.
I am looking for a license plate that starts with EVR.
I am looking for a ferris wheel that glows in the dark.
I am looking for a snowball to pour sugar over and lick.
I am looking for a kettle filled with oolong and darjeeling.
I am looking for a set of ten fingers and twenty warm toes.
I am looking for a cat named two-bit to comb its matted fur.
I am looking for a variety of fruit with flesh that sticks to the pit.

{lm}

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I can get all that for you wholesale.