Friday, February 22, 2008

The Sincerest Form

I wish to be congratulated on my ability to hit "View Wireless Networks" fifty times before I finally manage to piggyback on to someone else's wifi (favorite wifi network name in my hood: "Fucking Pay For It." Second favorite: "We ARE Fucking Paying For It.")

*

Cat Power's version of Michael Hurley's "Werewolf Song" is a very weak sister compared to Hurley's original.

*

Green Mountains Review say they liked "Honeymoon W/Smoke" and to try again. The Indiana Review just says keep trying. So it goes.

*

After seeing El Orfanato (by myself, alas), my sincere desire to make horror movies is stronger, and farther out of reach, than ever.

*

Currently in rotation:

The Mountain Goats, Heretic Pride
Gogol Bordello, Super Taranta
Ben Webster, At the Renaissance
Mahler's Sixth

*

A limousine driver, whose name I cannot remember, once said:

"The most important thing is concentration. Like, when you write a poem, you concentrate on the freaking poem, right? When they drive, most people do driving, twenty-per cent; good-looking girls on the side of the road, thirty per cent; and then coffee--of course, very much coffee--twenty-five per cent. What I am doing--fuck everything else--I am focussing on driving."

{gc}

2 comments:

GMC said...

I got yr payment right here.

GMC said...

congrats on your piggybacking feats. I hope no animals were harmed in the process. i like the sexy swoony new design...casual yet elegant.