Tuesday, March 25, 2008

March Madness

We come to love this newness that repeats itself
like a virus. Just remember, do not kill the golden goose.

How the Romans Celebrated:
XCIX Bottles of Wine on the Wall, XCIX Bottles of Wine,
And if one of those bottles should happen to fall,
XCVIII bottles of wine on the wall...
And the ditty never ends for the ancients did not use the number "zero".

Tonight, the moon is a giant golden egg, or a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup I licked all the chocolate off of.

Emily and I once entered an egg-toss competition at Gold Key Lake. She was annoyed at me for underthrowing her. We lost in the final round when I overthrew her and it cracked on her forehead.

Hideki Matsui may be replaced as my new favorite baseball player by Japanese-Iranian Yu Darvish, a 6-foot-5 whirling dervish known as baseball's rebellious 'Elvis'.

"There is still enough left to live by. Only help her to know...she is more than this dress on the ironing board, helpless before the iron."

10 comments:

GMC said...

My thoughts are with your uncle, and I will surely be at the restaurant on Thursday...

Anonymous said...

Hi can I come? I was also inviting all of you out to Roosevelt for a lovely meal on Saturday at 7pm... Please call Gregory he can give you my number... And my thoughts are with your uncle!!!
Love, Myella

Anonymous said...

Hey also you can email me at Myellaelena@yahoo.com

GMC said...

Hi, Myella!
Of course you're welcome! And I'd love to join you on Saturday. I'll call Gregory...
L
lauramodig@yahoo.com

GMC said...

I'd love to meet you too! See you tomorrow (and on Saturday).

[DR]

GMC said...

All good thoughts and then some for your uncle, Laura. And of course I'll see you on Thursday! (Sans Benny, though. He has coaching duties that night :(

Can't wait to meet you, Myella!

r

Anonymous said...

Yu Darvish is pretty cool but, what exactly is a Ham fighter?

GMC said...

I don't know what a Ham Fighter is either, bit either way, it sounds pretty delicious.

Anonymous said...

I'm not going tomorrow evening I am sorry...I forgot Gregory is working! And I am a little run down...But PLEASE come 7pm on Saturday! leave me your email and I will give you directions...Thanks ...always in the endless pursuit of ham...the ham fighting My!

GMC said...

aw, we'll miss you, gregory and myella.

but saturday sounds lovely :)

rclothes@yahoo.com