Thursday, March 27, 2008

Threefer Thursday

1) Two of my poems, "Sea-Change" and "Ghazal (Not Guzzle)" will appear in the Fall 2008 issue of Big City Lit.

2) Did I mention that I saw the Mountain Goats at Webster Hall last week? I saw the Mountain Goats at Webster Hall last week. They played my favorite song. What more can you ask?

3) Richard Widmark passed away at age 93. Lead in the obit? His star-making role as the sadistic killer Tommy Udo in Kiss of Death (1947), memorably alluded to in Don DeLillo's White Noise. In case you've never seen it, he ties Victor Mature's mother to her wheelchair with a drapery cord, and then pushes her down a flight of stairs while he giggles fiendishly. Highly recommended (the movie, not pushing helpless old ladies down flights of stairs).

{gc}

5 comments:

GMC said...

Rock on, Gregory, rock on. Congratulations.

GMC said...

Also, Mountains Goats are pretty cool. (What's your favorite song?)

GMC said...

Another also:

Vampire Weekend still suck. And you can quote me on that.

GMC said...

Congratulations! You rock, poet!

GMC said...

congrats, gregory!!!