Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Crazy 80s

The other night, I was trying to stump my darling by asking how many obscure and semi-obscure Eighties bands she had on her iPod (quite a few, it turned out). It got me thinking about all sorts of bands, many of which I didn't even like or I knew only glancingly, whose names are nevertheless lodged in the nether regions of my brain (or the netherlands, as they are known in Holland). Wither Run Westy Run? Scruffy the Cat? Ed's Redeeming Qualities? The Wolfgang Press? The Screaming Blue Messiahs? The Woodentops? The Hoodoo Gurus? Aztec Camera? Concrete Blonde? Stump? Shriekback? The BoDeans? The Del Fuegoes? The dBs? Icicle Works? Romeo Void? Lets's Active? The Feelies? Christmas? Phranc? The Wonder Stuff? The Go-Betweens? Is Greg Kihn's love still in jeopardy? O Motels, can only the lonely still play?

1 comment:

GMC said...

Yeah, well, what about OMD? Hmm? HMMMMMMMMMMMMM?