Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Summery, Hot Und Sweaty

I've been playing around with my new D-SLR, a toy for boys and girls. Thank you, thank you to L., Monsieur Crosby, and cats Edgy and Obi.




*
The schedule for this year's Central Park Summerstage has been announced, and boy is it a doozy. Aside from the likes of Sonny Rollins and Sharon Jones and her Dapkings taking to the stage to play freak-out jazz and nu-soul, there will also be a reading from Junot Diaz. What's great is that most of these concerts are free of charge.

Now, I don't know about y'all, but I know where I'm going to be on Saturday, August 16 from 3pm to 8pm. That's right--I'll be front row, center to see three of my favorite bands on a single bill: BLACK DICE, BATTLES, and GANG GANG DANCE. How sick is that? Also, did I mention that this is a free concert?

Man, you have to love New York for stuff like this.

[D|R]

4 comments:

GMC said...

Nice lineup! Cold War Kids and Brazilian Girls are coming to my backyard this summer... http://briconline.org/celebrate/2008season.asp

GMC said...

I've heard of Cold War Kids, but none of their music. Brazilian Girls, on the other hand, are always in rotation--and are a great live band, too!

GMC said...

p.s. those are show-stopping photo-portraits!

GMC said...

Thanks! I hope to take more!